PREP TIME: 10-15 minutes
COOK TIME: 1 hour
1 lb. Organic Brussel Sprouts, halved with outer stem removed
6-8 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 Cup Organic Butter, cubed
1 Organic Shallot, minced
½ Cup Organic Vegetable Broth
1 Organic Lemon, zested & juiced
Pinch Kosher or Celtic Sea Salt (or to taste)
Pinch of Ground Black Pepper (or to taste)
¼ Cup Organic Walnuts, chopped
½ Cup Organic Parmesan, grated or shaved
½ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1. Preheat water bath to 185 degrees F
2. Combine all ingredients (except walnuts and parmesan) into a large bowl, then toss.
3. Carefully transfer all ingredients in 1 (1 gallon) vacuum seal pouch. Use your Vertical Vac Elite or remove as much air as possible and seal the bag.
4. Submerge the pouch completely in water for 1 hour.
5. Remove from water bath (be careful as the bag will be hot).
6. Drain any excess from brussel sprouts with fine mesh strainer.
7. Optional - Few minutes before brussel sprouts are done, add oil to skillet and heat until shimmering. Add the brussel sprouts into pan and quickly sear until golden brown.
8. Top with shaved or grated parmesan and walnuts and serve!