Sous Vide Picanha
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 6 hours
1 3-5 pound picanha (sirloin cap)
1 tbsp ghee
- Preheat water bath using immersion circulator to 132 degrees F.
- Season picanha liberally with salt and pepper. Vacuum seal and add to water bath. Cook for 6-8 hours.
- When picanha is done, thoroughly pat dry with paper towels and reseason with salt and pepper.
- Bring a cast iron skillet to smoking over high heat. Add the ghee. Sear the picanha on the fat cap side first until deep golden brown. Continue to sear on all other sides until deep golden brown on all sides.
- Remove to a cutting board and let sit for 5 minutes. Slice into 1/2 inch thick slices and serve.