SERVES: 6 – 8 people
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 2 hours
½ Organic Medium Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
1 Organic Sweet Potato, peeled and cubed
1 Cup Organic Broccoli, sliced (about 2-3 florets)
1 Cup Organic Carrots, sliced (2 large carrots)
½ Organic Red Onion, peeled and diced, or 6 Green Onions, ends trimmed
3 Cups Organic broth (chicken, beef, or vegetarian)
3 Cloves of garlic, minced
1 Organic Rosemary sprig
1 Organic Thyme sprig
1 Tsp of sea salt (Himalayan Pink salt if preferred)
(Optional): ½ to 1 Cup Organic Coconut Cream to make it extra creamy
- Preheat water bath to 180 degrees F
- Place all ingredients except cream, into a large bowl and mix all ingredients together. Place mixed ingredients into 2 (1 gallon) vacuum pouches. Use your Vertical Vac Elite or remove as much air as possible and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouches completely in the water for 2 hours until vegetables have softened.
- Remove from water bath (be careful as the bags will be hot) and allow to cool down until the bag can be handled before pureeing.
- Carefully transfer all ingredients into a blender and puree until bisque consistency.
- Place your bisque into a stock pot to reheat on low/medium. Serve with some coconut cream for extra creamy goodness and a side of warm artisan bread!