2 pounds well-trimmed chuck roast shoulder, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 pound of baby new potatoes, quartered
4 medium carrots, sliced
1 cup celery, sliced
2 cups mushrooms, sliced in half
1 small sweet onion, sliced
8 cups chicken broth
10 medium garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 heaping tablespoon of thyme, chopped
1 heaping tablespoon of rosemary, chopped
2 lemons, zested and juiced
3 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons of kosher salt
1 tablespoon of pepper
- Fill your sous vide water bath with water and preheat to 183°F (84°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together all broth ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Divide equally all ingredients, plus broth mixture into 2 (1-gallon) vacuum pouches with valve. Use your handheld sealer or remove as much air from the pouches as possible and vacuum seal.
- Submerge the pouches completely in the water bath and cook for 8 to 10 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the pouches from the water bath and ladle the stew into individual bowls. Serve with toasted French bread.