Super tender and buttery, this sous vide recipe makes a classic butter and herb shrimp that’s absolutely delicious. Perfect for dinner, an appetizer, or in any recipe that calls for cooked shrimp.
Sous Vide Shrimp
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
1 Lb Organic Large Shrimp, deveined and peeled
1 Organic Avocado, peeled and sliced
1 Organic Lemon, for zest and juice
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Kosher Salt
1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
½ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Sprig Organic Fresh Thyme
1 Sprig Organic Parsley, chopped
3 Half Inch Slices of Unsalted Butter
Optional: Mixed Greens Salad Base
1. Preheat water bath to 135 degrees F.
2. Combine shrimp, EVOO, garlic powder, salt, Italian seasoning, and cayenne pepper into large and toss to coat all the shrimp.
3. Place seasoned shrimp in a single layer into a 1 (1 gallon) vacuum pouch. Place thyme, lemon zest and butter evenly on top. Use your Vac ‘n Seal, Vac ‘n Seal Elite, or remove as much air as possible and seal the bag.
4. Carefully place vacuum sealed pouch into the water bath for 30 minutes.
5. Once timer is up, take shrimp from water bath (be careful as the bag will be hot). Discard thyme sprig.
6. Optional: Warm up your skillet with EVOO on med-high about 5 minutes before timer goes off and once shrimp is done, remove from bag and toss for about 2 minutes each side for a little crisp.
7. Plate your shrimp, add avocado, squeeze a little lemon juice on top, sprinkle some fresh parsley, and serve!