By Michelle Ricciardelli
This poached pears recipe will submerge your tastebuds into pure heaven! Perfect dessert for all holiday gatherings - adding a spoonful of vanilla ice cream is a cherry on top!
Boozy Poached Pears
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 60 minutes
4 Organic Pears, peeled
1 Cup of Dry Red Wine
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
4 Orange Zest, 3-inch pieces
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Tsp salt
½ Cup Cane Sugar
4 Sprig of Fresh Mint
Optional: Vanilla Ice Cream for serving
1. Preheat the water bath to 175 degrees F.
2. Rinse and peel the pears, leaving the stems. Remove the cores from bottom of the pears (not the top of the pears to keep the stems). Gently brush the pears with the lemon.
3. Please the wine, orange zest, cinnamon stick, salt, and sugar in a 1 (1 gallon) vacuum seal pouch, then carefully place and submerge the pears into the pouch. Use your Vac ‘n Seal, Vac ‘n Seal Elite, Chamber Vac Elite, Vertical Vac Elite, or remove as much air as possible and seal the bag.
4. Place pouch into the water bath and cook for 60 minutes, making sure pears are fully submerged. Use sous vide weights if needed.
5. Once the timer is up, take the vacuum pouch from the water bath (be careful as the bag will be hot).
6. Carefully and gently remove the pears with a slotted spoon. Keep pouch with remaining liquid.
7. Transfer pears to plates and evenly poor remaining liquid from vacuum pouch over the pears. Garnish each plate with sprig of fresh mint and serve!
8. Optional: Add a spoonful of vanilla ice cream for extra yumminess!